"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Monday, May 14, 2012

Gianna Rae Ann Stanbary - is born!

I feel like I have so much catching up to do... and yet it has only been 2 weeks!

Gianna Rae Ann my beautiful daughter whom I have long waited to see was born, just as her brother was, smack dab on her due date, April 28th 2012, at 8lbs 3oz and 19in. Which, of course, was also the feast day of St. Gianna! What a divinely planned arrival.


I will write a post on her birth story... but for now I want to write about this beautiful little person that has entered my life in such a special way.

I've always known based on my wonderful experience carrying this little beauty that she was gentle on her mommy. I hoped this would also be the case after birth. Ive heard many stories about how the "second child" is the hard one, so I was a bit curious.

Well, Gianna, you are a sweet and beautiful soul. You entered the world without crying, in about 5 min of pushing, and you nestled on me and started nursing-- what a breeze! You were healthy and peaceful. Even now as I hold you in my arms there is a special gentleness to your soul, to your spirit. Many people say that is a newborn trait... but, in you, I feel something different... in your spirit. The last two weeks have not proven me wrong. You nurse perfectly, cry and fuss very little, once your need is met you are content. The second night home from the hospital you slept 5 hrs straight and the next night 6 hrs straight.

You go to bed early (around the same time as your brother).




You nap when it is most convenient for me...




...and you even smile on Mother's Day for me!



Oh, how you melt my heart and fill me with so much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment