"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Monday, April 9, 2012

Healthy Eating - Meal Plan

So here is a quick post on our meal plans for the week:

  • Whole Wheat Pasta with sauteed FRESH broccoli, spinach, orange peppers, mushrooms and crock pot cooked chicken breast. (I found a recipe for the garlic chicken broth sauce and it turned out quite yummy!)
  • Chili with ground turkey, peppers, tomatoes, beans, and mushrooms
  • Asian Chicken Wraps: Whole wheat wraps with cooked chicken cubed, shredded carrots, bean sprouts, green peppers, spinach, and homemade Asian peanut sauce
  • Whole Wheat Pancakes/Waffles with homemade Rhubarb/Strawberry sauce (I had pre-made in the freezer)
  • Egg and Rice Skillet with veggies
  • Leftovers
My baked good/snack for the week is going to be a Whole Wheat Rhubarb and Almond Bread I've been wanting to try out for a while...

I've also discovered sweets are possibly making my pregnancy insomnia worse... so... Lent may not be over for me and this diet is a great benefit to the baby right now! BUT HAPPY EASTER none-the-less!

No comments:

Post a Comment