"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Week Meal Plan!

I was up from 2am-4:30am and could not sleep for a variety of reasons. Since I could not fall asleep I decided to organize my Christmas shopping and meal plan for the week among other things. So I guess it was time well spent.

This is the first time in a looooong time (or ever?) that I have not spent the week before Christmas with my family in Wisconsin. I'm pretty bummed since the week will be all work here in MN. What's new? - despite my attempts to liven things up around here. Oh, well.

I'm not giving up yet on making this week special so maybe I'll post latter on what I will do each day this week to make it special and Christmas focused. One daily mass and adoration time are on the agenda!

So for the menu plan...

Monday: Cowboy Stew/Soup (Christmas Shopping and Oil Change in the evening... maybe I'll even go look at lights   by myself!)

Tuesday: Broccoli Quiche with Brown Rice Crust (I love this recipe and have made it 2 times in 2 weeks! It's easy and I have drama class that night so it will be quick to heat up and go!)

Wednesday: Meatloaf, Potatoes, and Green Beans (Adoration maybe?)

Thursday: Chicken something

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: OUT TO EAT!

Sunday: Cheesy Potatoes and Ham (In crock pot overnight so we have a yummy breakfast waiting for Jesus' Birthday!)

I pray you all can make this week special and that we all can truly remember what is important about Christmas. JESUS!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah! I don't think we've ever met, but I knew Jeremy when he was roommates with Jack Guipre. And I link to your blog through my friend "Joy" (at "Adventurous Beginnings")'s blog.

    At any rate, I was reading your post, and thought of a website you might enjoy -- a blog devoted to crockpot cooking. I have used many of the recipes, and like them. The author has written two books: "Make It Fast, Cook It Slow," and "More MIF, CIS." In the books, however, she divides the recipes up into price ranges. I found that useful.

    At any rate, if you're at all inclined to try more crockpot cooking, there's a website for you!

    God bless yourses Christmas!
    ~MargoB

    ReplyDelete