"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Say Yes to the Mess!

 Watching them in space. Watching their meaningful bodies interact with one another...

 Watching them at rest and in motion. Just taking in their perfect creation.

 Watching them share and care and give to one another.



Watching them touch hands, embrace, and delight.
 Delight in one another. Whisper secrets. Whisper "I love you Becket!"


 Celebrating differences and enjoying similarities.


Gianna (whispering to Augustine while they brush their teeth): "You are my best friend."
Augustine (whispers back): "You are my best friend too, Gianna."

Un-prompted. Un-inhibited. Love.


I read an inspiring quote recently about parenting. One of the lines said, 
"Say yes to your kids as much as possible." 

At first you go... what?! And then it sinks in. Kids ask to do crazy. messy, and wild things. Say, "Yes."
I often want to say 

"No, I just cleaned that."
"No, I don't want a mess."
"No, not right now. I have to get this done first."
"No, we don't have time."
"No, I'm to tired."

I'm not going to torture myself or you about how many times you say no.
 In fact, I have some serious 2yr old Sarah still in me because I quite enjoy saying "no" sometimes.

But, I celebrate the times I say, 

"Yes!"
"Yes, let's forget my to do list and play in the snow."
"Yes, let's build a fort."
"Yes, you can cut paper up and sprinkle glitter all over your project." 

The clean house is for my sanity now...
But the mess and the yes are for my memories later.


No comments:

Post a Comment