"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Running Update

First of all I have to give a huge thank you to Sprinting Sarah my running partner, without her I would not have made it this far!

Our lucky leaves on our 7 mile run.

I have now run up to 7 MILES at one time and I it feels GREAT! Running is giving me the chance to not only get in great physical shape but it has also blessed me with opportunities. Opportunities to build a friendship and have hour (or more) long conversations about life and faith with Sarah a holy woman of God. Chances to see new parks, lakes and trails. Spring boards to pray and offer up some of those difficult runs. Ideas for fun family outings including the 2 mile family run Jeremy, Augustine and I took on Sunday.



 A little after running disc golf. Despite Augustine's face and thumbs down, he quite enjoyed the entire outing!
"My turn to throw?"

It has done what I had hoped and more! The discipline has caused me to be really motivated this Lent. I'm sick of saying I wish I this and I wish I did that more. I've even gotten my prayer life on track and started a once per week holy hour in adoration of my awesome Lord. I can't help but thinking... If I can focus and run 5, 6, or 7 miles why can't I stick to committing to an hour a week in adoration or cleaning the kitchen when I don't feel like it?

Now tonight... 8 miles here I come!

Sprinting Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment