"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Sunday, May 22, 2011

How green is our grass?

So tomorrow starts Production and Performance week for The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe! Get your tickets for this great show in our new space May 26th, 27th, 28th, and 29th by calling 651-336-3302.

We have been so busy preparing the space: curtains, risers, chairs, painting, decorating and on and on... The work just doesn't seem to end for my dear husband who is thee HARDEST worker I have ever known. He stays up often until 4:00/5:00/6:00am and wakes a few hours later to keep working. 2-3 hrs of sleep per night is insane!! Sometimes he will even pull that all nighter thing and just restart a day without really ending the other. Where I say, 'I can't go on I have to go to bed,' he says 'ok, you can go to bed' while he plows on ahead. I don't know how he does it but he is amazing! He is doing the work of two full time employees and he somehow has been doing this for 8yrs. It really does blow my mind. He sacrifices so much for our family and this work and I am so grateful. While I go to my beloved book club or out for a 6 mile run with a friend he stays home and works, works, and works some more. Now all this work is not to be compared with workaholic. Jeremy loves taking a break and he knows how to let lose and have a great time. Anyone who really knows Jeremy knows that he is one of the most delightful and fun people there is to be around.Trust me, I know! Its just that he is so often forced into not getting to take a break due to the overwhelming work load.

I often thank God that we work together so that I can share in Jeremy's life so deeply and not feel out of the loop. I wonder sometimes what it must be like to not share in the daily grind with my husband. What would it be like to have just one of those normal lives? Where you can actually take a weekend for what it is - a break from work... Or, imagine this, coming home to a home and not your work place with duties and work needs staring you in the face. I really think the grass always looks greener on the other side and that if Jeremy and I didn't work together that I would miss him terribly and I would miss sharing in his work and passion. I'll take the good with the bad the pros with the cons and enjoy the green grass on my side of the fence. 

Keeping it real,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment