"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Saint Maria Goretti

Saint Maria Goretti's feast day is today and she has a special place in my heart as well as my home.


When I say she has a special place in my home, I mean it! Jeremy and I are blessed to have a first class relic of this beautiful heroic saint. If you are not familiar with what "first class" means, in terms of relics, it means we have a piece of her body. Wow. Since I have long studied the Theology of the Body the idea of relics has become even more beautiful. God made us both physical and spiritual and the two are united in the body and are blessed.

This morning I picked some of the lovely orange lilys in my yard to honor her with this day. I wanted to also go to mass but Augustine decided to nap right as I was getting ready to leave and so I did The Chaplet of Divine Mercy since her sainthood was pivotal on her desire for mercy towards her murderer. For more on her story click here. To watch a clip of the drama we tour and travel with across the country, based on her sainthood, as told through the words of her murderer, "Alessandro" click here.

Saint Maria Goretti, Pray for us!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment