"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dance with me...

Augustine and I have had a few date nights lately since Jeremy has been working.... A LOT. Its been pretty exhausting on our whole family but we knew this year would be tough with the new theatre. Hope is a beautiful thing and it has been keeping me (and I think Jeremy) plugging away.

Hope that it will get easier... someday... soon...

So that's where dancing in the rain comes in.

Augustine and I watched The Sound Of Music together yesterday and it has inspired Augustine's "Dance with me??" This is actually one of the moments I imagined having as a mother. My little children running up to me with their arms held up, hands eager to be filled with mine and to be spun into oblivion. So now whenever Augustine hears a tune, he finds partner worthy, he runs to me in this way and says, "Daaa Daaa daaa" over and over until I jump up and start jiving with him. He's quite the partner too! If I am not dancing and moving my feet fast enough to his taste he shakes his head and shows me he knows I'm not REALLY dancing my heart out. Ok, ok, this pregnant lady gets tired. Guilty as charged. :-)

I had to also throw in this picture of my Hallows Eve Social Ballroom Dance...


Augustine pretty much tore up the dance floor. His loves "Cotton Eyed Joe", "Hamster Dance", Polkas, and anything else with a strong fun fast beat like my Latin dance music. He also has some serious dance moves on his own. He even knows the power of the "pause" in a moving grooving dance. He does this little posed pause which he holds in total dance mode. It so cracks me up. One of these days I'll get up some sweet videos of him dancing...

No comments:

Post a Comment