"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Thursday, November 3, 2011

"Guys"

Augustine's favorite play toy among ALL his toys...



are his, "Guys!"



Augustine is 19 months now and he plays the most charming game of imagination with these little "GI JOE "guys." He calls them his "guy" or "guys" and he even gives them different voices. He has a deep growly voice for one of them. I mostly don't have a clue what he is saying but it is usually with great passion and he can play for quite some time having a couple of guys interact. I hear him say occasionally, "go go go, guy..." He got it from mimicking his brother Aidan and Jeremy and myself. I know I try to lower my voice when pretending to talk like one of the "guys."

Another really neat thing about these "guys" is that they were Jeremy's favorite toys growing up. He is actually a bit protective of them since they really are his old toys! Ever since we watched Toy Story 3 he says, "those are not age appropriate", over and over. I insist they are since they keep Augustine's attention way longer than anything else AND he actually plays with them as they are intended. I mean he doesn't use them as a hammer! So, Jeremy played with these little guys, Aidan played with them growing up, and now Augustine is instinctively carrying on the legacy.

And now you are wondering why your mother made you throw out your old toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment