"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

8 months and growing...


Yes, that bump is growing!

I've been feeling so good that I hardly notice the bump until I look down...


 or see my reflection...



 or notice strangers going out of their way to help. I'm so distracted at chasing Augustine around that I don't have time to realize it. It was funny, today when I pulled Augustine out of his swing at the park, his boots fell off and a lady sitting nearby rushed over to help pick up his shoe. I was so surprised at her reaction... as I quickly thanked her and said I was fine, while crouching down with Augustine sitting on my knees as I balanced to put on his boots. It was only after I saw my reflection in the windows at the library that I realized how pregnant I look and how obvious it is to people! Duh!

When I was pregnant with Augustine it was the exact opposite. I wanted people to have sympathy on me, so bad, because I was in such excruciating pain and I felt so so so uncomfortable!! I wanted everyone to walk really slow with me or, heck, just carry me! I longed for closer parking spots and reflected on getting a "handicap sign" for my car. I felt like crying if I had to get off the couch and walk across the room. I'm not being a baby, I was really in THAT much pain. I can't thank God enough for the blessing of this pregnancy and how great I feel!

My 8 month check-up went smoothly, and baby is in position and I am measuring perfect. All is good. I've gained 16lbs so far which, despite my ever growing bump, seems low for me. I'm happy. We are healthy. All is really great!


No comments:

Post a Comment