"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Monday, September 26, 2011

Apple Harvest!

One of the wonderful thing about the visit to my family in WI is that they always load me up with tons of food! I have never in my life been more grateful for free food than in the past couple years. Having an eating family will do that to you!

This is what they sent me home with this time...

2 Dozen Fresh "Organic" Eggs
Two Boxes of Pears and Apples
A huge Watermelon
2 cantaloupe
and more!

Saturday I gathered up some energy and had 22 cups of apples peeled, cored, and sliced to freeze and about 6 cups of hand peeled and sliced pears to freeze as well as an apple crisp baking in the oven all by 10:30am. Augustine even helped...

First he dove into the box of apples and threw them all out on the floor so I could reach them easier.

Then he sampled an apple or two or three...
I kept having to snatch apples away from him before he could bite into them... I finally sat him down to watch me peel and gave him his own apple to devour.
Do you see that scrap of an apple laying next to the whole apple. That was ALL that was left of Augustine's "aaapple". He ate the seeds, core and all - minus the stem and a small scrap of peel.

Having Augustine around to "help" sure do make my chores more enjoyable.
"Here here!" - to a great start on harvesting. I only have one more box of apples to go and then I'm looking forward to squash harvesting soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment