"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Monday, January 23, 2012

6 1/2 Month Baby Bump


Ok, so this is not going to be a long post... but I am a fan of "baby bumps" and I have been enjoying mine lately... However, I find it incredibly awkward to ask (even my husband) to take a picture of me. I don't know why... it feels... vain? Awkward? So please excuse the dramatic pose. I thought it better to look down than arching my head to see my phone. I mostly post this for my own sake and records because this blog has a nice way of organizing my life better than my scattered pictures. I always meant to take a pic every month and document it... but hence the awkward, who takes the picture thing it has never happened. I am going to try to add a picture each month (and/or half month) just for fun.

The thing with baby bumps is that its the one time in life when a woman's belly hanging out is, dare I say... CUTE! It also makes my wardrobe... dare I say, new? Exciting!? I still have clothes I wore in high school, that fit, so when my body changes its kind of fun (for the time) to ignore the scale and watch that bump grow!

My one hang up... that bothers me really is... I wonder if people question my professionalism when I am pregnant. When it comes to work do people think less of me when I am pregnant? Particularly when its a role of leadership? I'm not saying I feel less capable and I know most mothers are the BEST leaders... I don't know... For example, I taught Ballroom Dance at a large event in St. Paul a couple weeks ago and tried to look the least pregnant I possibly could. Am I weird in thinking people may think me "weak" or less capable when pregnant? In fact, I am truly more capable. I can grow a baby while teaching dance! Ha! - Take that MULTI-TASKING!

I guess its that conflict of heavenly purpose colliding with the worlds view of real value. I'll take the heavenly purpose, God willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment