"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Ta-Ta!"

"TA-Ta, Ta-Ta, Tatatatatatta" - Augustine

"Where is Tata? They're over there, Augustine, in the kitchen... Ta Ta is on the floor." -Me

"Ta Ta???" - Augustine pleads at CD player

"Sorry honey Ta Ta is in the car." - Me

"Ta ta! Ta ta!!" - Augustine

"You want me to read you that book? Ok, sit down..." -Me

"ta ta" (whispered at bedtime) -Augustine

"Ta Ta? You want me to sing ta ta?" (smile, sigh, ok.) -Me

"No, Kiiiiiinnngg!" - Augustine


Ok, so have you guessed my sons obsession? Have you figured out if "ta ta" is a thing, person, place, animal??? Do you know what keeps my son playing throughout the day when all other toys bore him?

Is "Hakunama" a good hint? "It means no worries, for the rest of your daaays!!!...."

Augustine has a passion for Lion King! He can sing parts of the songs. He can say "Pumba, Timon, Simba, Nana (Nala), and sCar." He has the book. He has the "action figures" (THANK YOU MOM and DAD!). He has the soundtrack, well, I did, but I think its his now. His bedtime song request is "Ta Ta" or "King" his favorite songs. Its pretty adorable.

While Ta Ta is probably his main obsession right now he also LOVES:

Winnie the "Pooh" ("Tiggee" "Eeyo" "Piggie")
Seasame "Steeet" ("Elmo" "Cookie"-Monster)
Animals ("Chickie"-Chicken "Cat"-Spoken in a British Dialect "Poppy"/"Doggy")

Augustine is a smart little cookie that loves to talk and sing and kiss babies whenever he gets the chance. He says so many words I can't even count and he even is saying more and more sentences. He will pretty much be able to repeat most everything we say to him... scary, right?! I said "shoot" in frustration the other day and he repeated it. My vocab is pretty darn G-Rated, but I don't want my almost two year old saying, "Shoot!"

Shoot!!

Our hearts grow with such intense love for our dear little boy and we are so glad we get to spend so much time with him! Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment