"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Nigh Nigh Song"



So if Augustine doesn't want me to sing "Hakunama Tata" or "Oh, I just can't wait to be king" as his going to sleep song his next best/preferred is one of my made up nigh nigh songs. It usually consists of a familiar tune (but not always) and his favorite character's names. If I don't mention a character in a while, or not at all, he sweetly reminds me, "elmo?"..."Tiggee?"... etc... I even made a point to mention to Jeremy that "ack?" means Oscar and/or The Count so he can know to include them in his night-time songs to our "street" fiend.

So, tonight, he, for the first time ever, requested a person (rather than character or dada)... who did he request?

..."Gandpa?"...



Awe, he does still seem to have a special affinity for Grandpa... despite being miles apart. I enjoy our night time snuggles and songs as much as he does... although when he starts asking for a "Book? Two?" I know I've lingered too long... ahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment