"Raising Souls"

"Raising Souls"

Monday, August 29, 2011

Saint Augustine - a feast day to celebrate!

Sunday, August 28th we celebrated the feast day of St. Augustine. Since he is Augustine's namesake we hope to make it a tradition to celebrate this day. Unfortunately we spent most of the day cooped up in a crowded flight returning from California.

I thought I would at least post this quote that I love. My friend Taryn put this on her facebook and I immediately was drawn into the words.

I read this quote and it literally stirs up beauty in my heart and soul. Saint Augustine is an incredible saint that I've always admired for his philosophy and passion for God.

Read this quote slowly and just let it dwell in you...

" You called, you shouted, and you broke through my deafness. You flashed, you shone, and you dispelled my blindness. You breathed your fragrance on me; I drew in breath and now I pant for you. I have tasted you, now I hunger and thirst for more. You touched me, and I burned for your peace."
-St. Augustine

I would love to hear your favorite quotes from St. Augustine! Please do share!

My newest favorite quote from another very special Augustine is now, "Bye Bye. (while waving)"

Saint Augustine - Pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment